OnTheAir Video is a very easy-to-use and intuitive broadcast video playback application. It can be used for automated playout thanks to its optional scheduler or it can serve as a clip store for live news operations. Thanks to its powerful and reliable playback engine It supports many video formats like MPEG-4 (I-frame only), MPEG IMX, DVCam, DV, DVCPro, DVCPro 50, DV50, Photo JPEG, M-JPEG (Some of these formats requires you have an official license of Final Cut).
What is new in this release:
- NEW: Added the ability to set the uploads to S3 to be private
- IMPROVED: Updated video devices SDK
- IMPROVED: Turned off caching
- IMPROVED: Increased number of possible segments
- IMPROVED: Added more logs when using "Contact Support..."
- FIXED: Added dongle compatibility with macOS High Sierra
What is new in version 3.4:
- NEW: Updated video devices SDK and frameworks (this is the main reason of the version number change)
- NEW: Added touch bar compatibility
- NEW: AJA cards now appear/disappear in the list of playback devices when the device is connected/disconnected
- IMPROVED: The menu "Contact Softron Support..." now gathers the unified logs of macOS Sierra
- IMPROVED: Read performances on some network drives
- IMPROVED: Scrubbing on some files
- IMPROVED: Scrubbing elapsed and remaining times accuracy
- IMPROVED: Time window size of Timecode information
- IMPROVED: Internal and External Key opacity are now done on Alpha
- FIXED: Some DNxHD QuickTime mov files were indicated as not valid
- FIXED: Playback of some H.264 files
- FIXED: Playback of some ProRes files on network drives
- FIXED: DNxHD 440 RGB files in a YUV output
- FIXED: HDMI output with AJA Io 4K
- FIXED: Audio Issues with AJA devices (we can now select minimum 6 channels)
What's new only for OnTheAir Video 3.4?
- NEW: CC is now also working for 720p and 1080p
- FIXED: Inaccuracy of the "Absolute Start Time"