It is similar to the Perl module "prename".
What is new in this release:
- Use l_abs_path() instead of abs_path() so we can handle symlinks to non-existing targets. Also, use File::Spec->rel2abs() instead of abs_path() to absolutize new/renamed file, because new path might not exist (yet).
What is new in version 0.45:
- No functional changes. Moved main POD from perlrename -> perlmv.
What is new in version 0.43:
- Provide $FILE, $DIR, $PARENT for scriptlet.
What is new in version 0.30:
- Add option: -p (create intermediate dirs).
- Add option: -M (mode rename/copy/symlink/link).
- Add new commands: perlcp, perlln, perlln_s.