One key for Mac or Window-Registration keys for NXPowerLite Desktop will work with either the Mac or the Windows version, so if you switch platforms you can keep using NXPowerLite. It also means if you are buying multi-user licences you don't need to specify how many of each platform you want up front.
What is new in this release:
Support for macOS Catalina and dark mode
What is new in version 8.0.7:
Bug fix - PNG and Tiff files with non-Ascii characters in the filename can now be processed.
What is new in version 7.1.0:
- NXPowerLite Desktop (Mac) can now optimize Word files
- XML Word files with the following file extensions will be processed
- File Processing engine improvements (see below)
- Support for files created with Office 2016
- Now works on the following operating systems:
- Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
- Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
- MacOS 10.12 0 (Sierra)
- Improved the NXPowerLite Finder options
- NXPowerLite now has more options to resize images at higher resolutions
- Added a 20-file batch limit to evaluation users. Please note that the evaluation still runs for 14-days otherwise unrestricted.
- License agreement changed to include the concept of 'Authorised users'. This is explains more explicitly that each licence is per user, not per machine.
- 15 x UI improvements
- Added Spanish language support
File processing improvements
- New PDF processing engine
- Added a new JPEG library to process JPEG's more quickly
- PDF improvement: Added support for ASCII encoded PDFs. These PDFs usually have images with double filters, one of which being ASCII. The desktop software has this setting enabled by default but it can be disabled by contacting Neuxpower.
- PDF improvement: Added the ability to strip out some types of PDF marked content.
- PDF Improvement: Allow images with inverted default decode arrays (IDDAs) to be optimised, but only if the original image's colour space is non-indexed CMYK. (IDDAs are something that Photoshop often uses for CMYK JPEG images)
- PDF improvements: Added support for double filtered images (specifically FlateDecode and DCTDecode)
- Eliminated many bugs encountered when NXPowerLite processes PDF files.
- Fixed an issue where NXPowerLite would not work on Mac Pro's with more than 16 cores.
- XMP and Photoshop IPTC metadata were stripped when NXPowerLite processed data
- Multiple minor bug fixes
What is new in version 6.0.9: