What is new in this release:
- Fixed a crash that could occur while performing Undo action in macOS Mojave beta
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when expanding the Typeface menu
- Fixed a bug where selection handles would not be temporarily hidden when editing Corner Radius
- Fixed a bug where drawing a shape would not respect the pixel-fitting preferences in some cases
- Fixed a bug that would prevent the Typeface menu to open for some fonts
What is new in version 49.0:
- Improved performance when copying and pasting large Artboards
- Improved EPS import when using spot colors
- Gradient points can now be inserted in the color picker with a single click, rather than a double-click
- Layers dragged from the Layer List to the Canvas are now copied rather than inserting a bitmap layer
- Unused Symbols imported from Libraries are now cleared when saving a document
- Updated the look of the Text and Layer Styles in the Inspector
- SketchTool will now wait for a plugin to finish running before printing its result
- Introduced a new version of the scripting API that is cleaner and easier to use
- The plugin API has been extended with support for Symbols
- The preference to show the selected Artboard in Sketch Mirror has been moved to the iOS app
- Slices can now be hidden from the Canvas via the View menu
- Improved performance when moving and resizing layers
- Improved SVG import when dealing with rotated and flipped elements
- Improved the way that newly created Symbols are added to the "Symbols" page
- Improved the performance of Symbol thumbnails in menus
- Improved performance when working with Symbols in complex documents
- Improved Replace With menus for nested Symbols to avoid them being replaceable by Symbols which contain them
- You can now choose to send a Symbol master to the "Symbols" page on Control-click
- Improved layout and descriptions for bitmap export options in the Save panel
- When vector editing, you can bend a path segment by holding the Command key and dragging to create or adjust curves
- Improved appearance of rounded corners in the vector editor by showing the outline of the original path
- Improved snapping in the Vector tool when the Shift key is held for drawing straight lines
- When using the Pen tool, a preview of new points will be displayed on hover
- Added a new "Prototyping Tutorial" template
- Added "Move to Top" option to the Arrange menu to send a selection to the very top of the Layer List
- Improved performance when detecting missing fonts in a document
- Arranging objects in a grid now respects their current position in the Canvas instead of reordering based on the Layer List
- You can now opt-in to anonymous analytics tracking to help us improve Sketch
- Copied CSS attributes now also include text alignment
- Improved sorting of colors within the Find and Replace Color panel
- Color properties have now been added to the Find, and Frequent Color menus
- Improved the accuracy of inserting gradient stops on gradients
- The Scissors tool now works with multiple selected shapes
- Updated the iOS icon template with the missing Artboard size for the Spotlight icon
- You can now choose to make PNGs interlaced on export
What is new in version 48.2:
- Fixed a crash that could occur when clicking within the Inspector whilst editing gradients in the color popover
- Fixed a bug where SVG masks weren't exported as expected for Symbols
- Fixed a few bugs where copying and pasting Symbols imported from Libraries would recreate those Symbols locally within the document
- Fixed a bug where the expected override value wouldn't be shown in the Inspector for deeply nested Symbols
- Fixed a bug where Undo wouldn't work as expected whilst editing text
- Fixed a bug where edited text within list formatted layers wouldn't use the expected color
- Fixed a bug where a text layer's rotation value would be reset when changing its font size
- Fixed a crash that could occur when text layers were modified by a plugin
- Fixed a bug where Artboard names wouldn't be truncated when zooming out
- Fixed a bug where the pixel grid appeared to be missing a line at certain zoom levels
What is new in version 47.0:
- Improved performance for shadows in complex documents
- Improved performance when editing nested Symbols
- Improved appearance of nested Symbols, Text Styles, and Shared Styles so that they're no longer nested within superfluous submenus
- The shortcut for inserting a new point mid-way between two existing points in the vector editor has changed from Command-click to Shift-click
- The "iOS UI Design" document is now a built-in Library, updated for iOS 11 and iPhone X, and makes use of our new Smooth Corners feature
- Individual layers can now be exported using the Command-E shortcut
- Added Artboard presets for iPhone X and iPhone 8
What is new in version 46.2:
- Fixed a crash that could occur when editing Symbols containing bitmap layers with image fills
- Fixed a bug where editing a nested Symbol could clip the appearance of its parent Symbol instance
- Fixed a bug where layers weren't repositioned as expected when adjacent Symbol instances changed size
- Fixed a crash that could occur when switching the focus between a text layer and the Inspector on a Mac with Touch Bar support
What is new in version 46.1:
- Fixed a crash that could occur when undoing changes to Symbols on OS X El Capitan
- Fixed a bug where the Plugins menu might not be shown as expected
- Fixed a bug where differently colored subranges of text would revert to a single color when the text layer was resized
- Fixed a bug where vertical text alignment would be ignored when converting a text layer to outlines
- Fixed a bug where resizing layers with particular attributes would cause Sketch to become unresponsive
- Fixed a bug where the current Artboard wouldn't remain focused when unselecting layers within it
- Improved consistency of the appearance of options within the Insert menu
What is new in version 44.1:
- Improved performance when editing nested Symbols which had many other instances
- Restored behaviour where Artboard exports will include any overlapping Artboards and layers
- Fixed a bug where multiple selected layers couldn't be moved out of Artboards
- Fixed a bug where pixel-fitting wouldn't work as expected when resizing Artboards and groups
- Fixed a bug that could cause hidden nested Symbol overrides to be shown unexpectedly
- Fixed a bug where the Undo menu item would show incorrect Undo action titles
- Fixed a bug where some text layers would have unexpected resize rules applied
- Fixed a bug where the selection indicator wouldn't update to show the selected font weight
- Fixed a bug where text layers would wrap unexpectedly within resized Symbol instances
What is new in version 43.2:
Fixes the appearance of previews when using Mirror on devices with wide color displays which support P3 colors.
The list of available Symbol overrides are now sorted alphabetically.
Fixes a bug where the selection indicator for the current nested Symbol was missing.
What is new in version 3.8.3:
Fixes a crasher with complex Symbols, a security vulnerability in Mirror Web, and a bug where reordering pages could detach Symbols.
What is new in version 3.7.2:
A fix for bug when printing Artboards, and a bug fix relating to detaching Symbol instances.
What is new in version 3.6.1:
Fixes a zoom bug, a text editing crash and PDF import issue.
What is new in version 3.5.1:
Fixes a bug where PDF and EPS files copied from Illustrator would not import correctly
What is new in version 3.4.2:
- Fixes a rare bug where a pasted image could disappear
- Fixes network related beach-balling on some machines, caused by a change in the behaviour of Apple's security layer
- Fixes an occasional problem with validating licenses
What is new in version 3.3.2:
- Fixes a bug where inner shadow would render incorrectly on bitmaps
- Fixes a bug where text layer with small line height might cause refreshing issues
- Fixes a bug where trying to zoom into a document past 6400% with the zoom tool would make the canvas jump in unexpected ways
- Fixes a bug where measuring distance between layers on sub-pixels could give the wrong result
- Fixes minor UI layout issues in the Inspector
- Fixes a bug where creating a symbol wouldn't let you enter a name for it
- Adds a new preference to avoid aligning layers on sub-pixels
- Updated toolbar icon for 'Edit' to make it clearer that bitmaps can also be edited
- You can now perform math operations on a text layer's Size, Character, Line and Paragraph input fields
- Distance measurement no longer takes up cues from layers which are both hidden and locked
What is new in version 3.3.1:
Fixes issues relating to missing images and presets.
What is new in version 3.2.2:
Reduces memory usage when working with complex documents.
What is new in version 3.2:
- New Google Material Design template and artboard sizes.
- Adds support for Sketch-Mirror and @3x scaling.
- Align and Distribute tools now work for Vector points too.
- You can now measure the distance from a shape to a grid or guide line using the Alt key as well.
- Alt + click on the Inspector's align buttons to align the entire selection with their parent artboard.
- Added a new preference to choose the resolution to which bitmaps are flattened when doing Layer > Flatten Selection to Bitmap.
- When rotating objects, the pivot point can now be moved.
- Shift+Return now inserts a line break instead of a paragraph break in text editing mode.
- Significant speed improvements, especially when working with complex documents, Make Grid for large grids and undo & redo actions.
- Improves PDF importing.
- When changing text line height, the first line no longer clips off the top.
- Renamed the Paste option in contextual menus to "Paste Here", to make the functionality clearer.
- Improved compatibility with Yosemite.
- Multiple corner radii for rectangles can now be provided from the inspector field using to/left/bottom/right syntax.
- When duplicating layers or groups with slices in them, Sketch will now make sure their names are uniqued.
- You can now perform math operations in the color (RGB/HSB) text fields.
- Improves 'Copy CSS Attributes' for cleaner and more modernised output.
- Inserting slices now always places them directly in the correct group, and they take the name of their parent group automatically.
- Pixel grid can now also be shown and hidden in vector preview.
- When vector points are hidden, the currently selected point handles are still being shown.
- Smart guides in vector tool now also work as expected when the vector points are hidden.
- When changing a subrange of a text with a shared style, the entire string now changes to reflect it.
- Double-click on the zoom icon in the toolbar now zooms back to 100%.
- Alt-clicking on the Move Forward/Backward toolbar buttons moves to front or back instead, and now also updates their labels to indicate this.
- Auto-expanding of groups in the layer list is now optional. Also, Sketch now persists the expanded/collapsed states of groups in the layer list between restarts.
- Artboard preset group now remember their collapsed state.
- Scale fields now disable properly when exporting in vector formats.
- The Release Notes can now be shown from the Help menu as requested.
- You can now hide all Grids and Layouts in one click from the View menu.
- Fixes a layer renaming bug in the layer list with multiple selections.
- Fixes a bug where 'Make Grid' could make objects jump.
- Fixes a number of refresh issues in vector editing mode.
- Fixes a bug where changing blurred objects radius could seem to make it jump around weirdly.
- Fixes a rare bug where documents with embedded pdf images could crash.
- Fixes a bug where the Insert-Artboard inspector wouldn't work as expected when a layer was already selected.
- Fixes a bug where one couldn't grab the handles of rotated shapes in groups.
- Fixes a bug where background blur on rotated objects would misbehave.
- Fixes a bug where deleting large numbers of layers would become really slow.
- Fixes a bug where editing points in zoom-blurred layer wouldn't refresh the canvas properly.
- Fixes a crasher that could occur when closing complex documents.
- Fixes a bug where a text layer with a stroke and shadow might not display the right fill color.
- Fixes a bug where font ascenders could get cropped under a text layer.
- Fixes a bug where big shadows on text layer could get clipped.
- Fixes a bug where nudging a shape inside a smaller artboard would move it out.
What is new in version 3.1:
- Sketch's file format has changed; documents are now truly single files and can be safely emailed or shared via Dropbox and other services without having to zip them up first
- Creating Masks has been made easier; the Mask-with-Shape button now accepts any combination of layers
- Boolean op'ed shapes' bounds now only include the visible area only, not the total bounds of all subpaths
- Layer snapping has been made smarter, including better text snapping
- You can now add ruler guides with a single-click on the rulers
- Significant speed increases and file size reduction when using pattern fills
- Hover the Rulers for a quick preview of your next guide. Ideal also for quickly checking if layers align etc
- Fixes a bug where Opacity wouldn't be rendered consistently between shapes and bitmaps
- Rendering speed improvements
- Fixes a bug where text editing could jump slightly when zoomed in some cases
- You can drag/drop layers to the pages panel to quickly move objects between pages
- Fixes all known bugs in Framer - Sketch integration
- Improves integration with the system color picker for gradients
- Cmd+Return can now be used to exit text editing mode
- You can now reset the rulers by double-clicking the ruler intersection area
- Significant speed improvements when the rulers are visible
- Improves undo for renaming layers
- Fixes a bug where renaming Symbols could cause a crash
- Fixes a bug where dragging out an SVG slice could crash Sketch
- The Scissors Tool now scales properly with zoom value
- Fixes a bug where Angular gradients could be rendered at low resolution
- Fixes a bug where slices created for rotated objects could be one pixel off
- Due to popular request (no it wasn't a bug), we're making move Forward/Backward dumb again
- You can now replace the contents of an image layer with a new image by going to Layer > Image > Replace
- Restore an image to its original size by going to Layer > Image > Original Size
- Fixes a bug where some documents could consume extraordinary amounts of CPU
- Fixes a bug where creating a slice for a transparent layer could make the slice too big
- Fixes a bug where deleting an artboard could leave its outline on the canvas in some cases
- Fixes an issue where Gradient editing was confusing when started on a subpath
- Fixes a bug where 'Bring to Front' on multiple layers could get their order mixed up
- Fixes a bug where extra spaces wouldn't get trimmed around slice names
- Fixes a bug where moving layers off an artboard with the arrow keys would never actually remove them from the artboard
- Fixes a bug where inserting an artboard while you were in a rotated group could look funky
- Fixes a bug where pasted text could be invisible at first
- When changing guides in the preferences, the canvas now updates live to reflect the change
- Moves Grid color settings to the grid settings sheet to make it more discoverable
- Fixes a bug in bitmap cropping
- The templates folder can now be an alias or symlink
- Fixes a bug where layer naming would go wrong
- Vector point coordinates in the inspector now round to two decimals
- Pages Panel has been redesigned and now fits as a permanent sidebar in the UI
- When you resize an artboard from the top or the left, the content stays anchored in the canvas now instead of shifting left or up
- Symbols and Text Styles menu can now be arbitrarily deeply nested by using / in their names
- Fixes a bug where text layers wouldn't render multiple fills
- Shift-clicking on a vector point now deselects it if it was already selected
- View -> Collapse Groups has been renamed to include Artboards too
- Fixes a bug where magic wand would miss the top 1 pixel
- Flattening layers into a bitmap now inserts the bitmap at the location of the old layers instead of on top
- Ignore character spacing for the last character to not miss with centred text
- Fixes a bug where making a grid of objects could rename the source object as well