This software remotely controls most functions of Nikon digital SLRs from a computer that is connected via USB cable or though wired or wireless LAN using a wireless transmitter. Advanced functions of the new D3 and D300 such as the Viewer for preview and selection o images prior to transferto a computer, LiveView function and PictureControl System are supported. It also supports the workflow of Nikon's exclusive photofinishing software Capture NX (optional) and the browser and viewer software View NX.
- Most settings of Nikon digital SLRs, that are connected via USB cable, such as exposure mode, shutter speed, and aperture can be controlled remotely from a computer, Wired or wireless LAN is also available when using a wireless transmitter.
- In addition to direct transfer of images from a camera to computer, all procedures from shooting to saving images are smoothly processed.
- Enhanced viewer function enables thumbnail display of images stored in a computer.
- Support for ViewNX browser and viewer software.
- Support for Capture NX photo-finishing software.
What is new in this release:
- Support for the D800 / D800E has been added.
- Support for the D4 has been added
- The Movie sub-tab is now an independant camera control tab
- Support for the following D4 features has been added.
- Shooting at a shutter speed of Bulb
- Exposure Preview for Photo Live View
- White Balance (LV) for Photo Live View
- Specification of Shutter Speed, Aperture, Exposure Comp. , and ISO Sensitivity for movie recording
- Support for Mac OS X version 10.7 has been added.
- Support for Mac OS X version 10.4 has been eliminated.