What is new in this release:
- adds two small charts showing:
- the time left before the caller reads out the next number
- how many numbers the players mark on their boards each time the caller reads out a number
- adds two animations when a player has a 'house', showing an old lady
- adds an animation when a player has a 'line', showing stars
What is new in version 1.48:
- adds a small file of sounds of just the caller reading out the numbers
- makes the sounds more reliable by using 'Web Audio'. Firefox is best. Chrome is good with the online games
- adds sounds to the online games. Try bbingo.net78.net
- lets you specify a folder for the sound files
- adds a pie chart showing how many numbers were read out when there was a given number of players
What is new in version 1.47:
- adds a small chart showing how many numbers have been marked on the boards of the players
- adds more fonts. Adds more colors to the help text. Adds round corners to buttons and fields
What is new in version 1.45:
- says how many games have been played and how many numbers it took to get a house or a line. This is under the scoreboard. This is optional - see the 'Special Effects' section of the settings
- says when not enough numbers have been read out to call 'line' or 'house'
- runs out of balls less when you do not call 'house'
- lets you change your name in the scoreboard by clicking on your name
- shows the names of the players on the first page. Hover over or click these names to show how strong a player is. Hover over or click a board to see how strong a player is and how many lines or houses a player has
- adds an optional progress bar showing the number of balls called out so far
- makes a player unlikely to change her board if she has just got a line or house
- adds an option to automatically keep on playing game after game, for a demo or to gather statistics. See the 'General' section of the settings
- adds an option to hide the lists of numbers called out so far. See the 'Special Effects' section of the settings
- adds longer descriptions of some of the settings
- adds more reasons for players to leave the game. There are more sounds for these
- adds more ways for players to say 'well done' when you have a line or house
- adds another animation when a player has a 'line', which rotates a cube with the letters of the word 'line' on the faces of the cube
- lets the animation that rotates the page now also do so in 3D
- lets the animation that makes copies of the page now rotate the copies
- fixes bug where if a player has called line wrongly and the player takes the counter off the wrong number, then the shadow of the counter is stil shown
- fixes bug where if you update your board just after a number has been called then the number may not be marked
What is new in version 1.43:
- highlights more squares and numbers when players join, players chat, numbers are called and players shout 'line'
- highlights more of the boards of players when the players chat
- highlights the squares of the line when a player calls line but we are going for a house
- the caller and players say to call out the numbers 'again' when players call 'line' or 'house' several times in one game
- highlights the boards of players when they start speaking rather than when they finish speaking when going through their numbers after the players have called 'line' or 'house'
- responds quicker when you call 'line' or 'house' whilst the caller is checking the numbers of another player who has called 'line' or 'house'
- when checking a call of 'line' or 'house', and the caller asks for a number to be repeated, and you call 'line' or 'house' after the number is repeated, then the player now says the number again before the caller says 'yes' or 'no'
- when checking a call of 'line' or 'house', and the caller asks for a number to be repeated, and you call 'line' or 'house' when the caller asks or the player replies, then now the player starts again by saying her number
- when checking a call of 'line' or 'house', highlights the numbers for longer
- if a player says that you forgot to mark a square then your board and the board of the player and the square are highlighted
- have fewer players as less old folk play now and you can win more
- players call line/house wrongly less often
- extends the animations to rotate the word 'line' in 3 dimensions and rotate the letters of the word 'house' in 3 dimensions
This release fixes 14 bugs:
- where if a player calls 'house' and the last ball has been called then the caller still checks the numbers with the player
- when if the caller is going through the numbers of a player who has called line or house, then if you interrupt by calling line or house, then your board is not highlighted when the caller finishes going through the numbers and says whether you or the player was correct
- where if you click several times before the game responds then the replies from the caller come out in reverse order, when you call line or house while the caller is going through the numbers of a player after the player has called line or house
- where a player will not say that she has just had her first number if her board is not shown
- where if the players do not chat and you call house after a player shouts line then the caller ignores your call of house
- where if the caller is checking a shout of 'line' and you interrupt by calling 'line' wrongly, then the board of the other player is left highlighted while the caller says why your call is wrong
- where you cannot call 'line', after you have called 'line' and other players also called 'line'
- where your board is not highlighted at the end of the message box when: a player calls line and you call line while the caller is checking the numbers, and you do not have a line, and you then skip to the end of the message box
- where the caller is checking the numbers of a player who called line, and the player says 'do I call out my numbers?' and the caller says 'yes', and you then call line yourself, and the player again says 'do I call out my numbers?' and then the same player wrongly says 'yes'
- where if you put a counter over a number on your board then the color of the number is as though no counter is over the number
- where the sound goes off in the middle of a game with Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 on an old computer
- where the game says for you "it's my first ball", even when the computer is not playing for you
- where another player may say that you have the last number read out by the caller even if you have just called 'line' and mentioned the number
- where the detailed error message is in the wrong place when: you restore settings when there are none and you have the 'touch' option on and you change the font size of the browser
What is new in version 1.42:
- when a number is called out, highlights the number in the list of numbers called out so far
- if a number is highlighted on the board of a player then if the number has been called then highlights the number in the list of numbers called out so far
- the introduction says how many players there are
- adds another animation when a player has a 'house', which rotates the letters of the word 'house'
- makes the code more compact