AKVIS SmartMask plugin is an efficient masking tool that saves you time on complex selections and is fun to use. The idea is so simple that you will feel like a child in drawing classes: there are two pencils (red and blue); you draw a line with the blue pencil inside the object you want to select (for example, yourself in a group photo), and with the red pencil - some lines outside the object, to define the areas that should be cut out (other guys in the photo).
What is new in this release:
1. Improved the plugin compatibility with image editors (Photoshop CC 2017).
2. Support for new RAW files for the standalone version.
3. Fixed the bug that caused crash when working in the Auto mode on Mac.
4. Fixed minor bugs.
What is new in version 9.0:
- The new Chroma Key mode allows you to quickly and accurately remove a monochrome background.
- The Custom Background mode allows you to place the user's background image behind the cut-out object.
- The enhanced Refine Edges mode allows to preserve more fine details than before.
What is new in version 8.0:
- Added support for Ultra HD 4K & 5K resolution screens. With new technologies, the interface details, texts and icons, scale correctly even on super high resolution monitors.
- Added the possibility to choose a drive to install the program.
- Minor bugs have been fixed.
And other changes.
What is new in version 7.0:
- Added the new Refine Edges feature (for Deluxe and Business licenses) which lets you quickly adjust edges of selections and cutout objects. With this extremely helpful innovation you can tweak your selections in just a few clicks.
- Added standard selection tools for creating precise geometric shapes and freeform selections.
- Added the Strength parameter to the History Brush and Background Eraser options.
- Improved the Print dialog with new features of printing high resolution images on multiple pages.
- And some minor changes and fixes.
What is new in version 6.0:
- Added the possibility to drag the splitter between the before and after states (Original and Processing tabs).
- Added Dropbox to the list of the publishing services.
- Added the new dark interface theme. It's possible to switch between the styles in the program preferences.
- Fixed some bugs and interface glitches.
- Extended the list of supported RAW files.
- Added official support for the new Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
What is new in version 5.0:
- Added the Share option that lets you quickly publish images in Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, Google+. You can choose a color for the background before uploading the image.
- Improved the program performance on 64-bit Windows OS. Thanks to the native support for 64 bit, the software now works faster.
- Increased (from 500 to 1000 px) the maximum Size of the Eraser and History Brush.
- Optimized the performance of the Magic Brush.
- Added compatibility with Photoshop CC 2014 to the plugin version.
- Added support for more RAW formats to the standalone version.
- Fixed minor bugs.