The idea behind Enhancer is entirely different. AKVIS Enhancer brings out details by intensifying color transition. It means that Enhancer strengthens the difference between adjacent pixels having different color gradations and therefore allows revealing not only details in the shadow but even details in the overexposed and mid tone areas.
Earlier it was possible (and such image enhancement programs exist) to achieve the same result by manipulating with 2-4 shots of the same scene. AKVIS Enhancer does it all out of one shot thanks to the advanced algorithm of photo correction. AKVIS Enhancer is useful not only for correction of family and art photos, but can be effective as well in technical use. Publishers of technical literature can apply Enhancer to show equipment illustrations in detail; doctors can use Enhancer to increase the level of detail on roentgenograms, etc. AKVIS Enhancer is a plug-in. It works under image processing programs that support plugins. It is compatible with Adobe Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Corel Photo-Paint, etc.
What is new in this release:
- three interface themes are now available: Gray (NEW), Light, and Dark;
- tool icons are now highlighted when selected;
- the Preview Size radio buttons in Improve Detail mode have been replaced with the slider;
- interface themes in the Preferences are now presented as color plates;
- the maximum available scale of the interface now depends on the screen resolution.
- the program interface is now available in Chinese;
- full compatibility with Photoshop CC 2018;
- added support for new RAW files in the standalone version;
- various bugs have been fixed.
What is new in version 15.6:
1. Improved the plugin compatibility with image editors.
2. Support for new RAW files for the standalone version.
3. Fixed bugs.
What is new in version 15.5:
- Compatibility with Photoshop CC 2017
- Crop Tool
Added the Crop tool to the standalone version. Now you can easily cut off unwanted areas in the image to improve its composition.
- Support for Ultra HD
The new user interface is easy to configure and intuitive to use. It offers better display capabilities by providing support for 4K and 5K.
- Also in the new version:
- increased the Preset Preview area to 450 px;
- added the possibility to choose a drive to install the program;
- added support for more RAW files;
- fixed several bugs related profile data, metadata, etc.
What is new in version 15.0:
- Fundamentally revised and reworked Improve Detail mode in AKVIS Enhancer. In this mode, the program brings out details in an image in both shadows and highlights. It is a powerful feature for strengthening detail in pictures and lightening dark photos.
- The new version includes an updated list of the ready to use presets created with the improved algorithm.
- It's now possible to import and export presets of all three modes. This feature can be used for backup and sharing user's favorite settings.
- It's now possible to print high resolution images on multiple pages.
What is new in version 14.0:
- New Share feature has been added. Now you can quickly post pictures from the programs to the social services: Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, Google+.
- RAW processing has been improved. The list of supported digital cameras has been extended with new cameras from various manufacturers (FUJIFILM, SONY, NIKON, and many others).
- The plug-ins are now fully compatible with Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Photoshop Elements 12, and Corel PaintShop Pro X6.
- Also, a batch processing error has been fixed in the Noise Buster plugin, as well as other minor bugs and interface glitches in all three programs.